I'm so glad that you are interested in serving as a part of the Youth Ministry Team here at Grace Community Church. Take a look and you will see that children and teens are not only important to us, but there are many ways for you to get involved with kids and use your gifts and talents to the glory of God. It is widely understood that children between the ages of 4 and 14 are the most likely to make a decision for Christ therefore youth ministry is both a strategic and an exciting way to meet the mission of our church; Calling individuals to Christian discipleship, Growing obediently in community and Impacting the world through service. Just think about it...your work in youth ministry has the potential of having an impact on the next generation!
Youth Ministry Opportunities:
MInistry begins with service to the youngest in our congregation through the loving provision of child care in our Little Lambs Nursery. Adults 18 and over are able to serve in the Infant or Toddler Nursery during the Growth Group hour and Worship service.
As a Leader or Assistant Leader in our Primary Growth Group Program you can play an active role in bringing the Word of God to life, through arts and crafts, drama and the teaching of God's word to children ages 2 and 3 through 4th grade.
In the Secondary Education Program (grades 5th through 12th) you will be a part of drawing the students into an ever deepening relationship with the Lord by leading students through the study of God's Word and by mentoring and modeling the faith.
We are all called to bring our worship before the Lord and by serving as a Worship Leader and Assistant Leader in Hosanna Kids! you will be a part of guiding children ages 4 through 4th grade through a worship experience that is developed just for them. Volunteers are need to lead songs, and teach Bible lessons.
The AWANA program is a fun filled, energetic, Bible focused mid-week program from children ages 4s and 5s through 6th grade. Leaders, Assistant Leaders, Bible Memory Listeners, Game Leaders, and AWANA Helpers make up the team of folks who minister to the children and focus them on the memorization of God's Word.
Jr. High Youth Group and the OASIS Sr. High Youth Group is a place where folks with a heart for Jr. High and Sr. High Teens can express their special gifts. Through the leading of music, games, teaching, and mentoring the teens are taught how to make the faith practical in their lives.
So How Do I Get Involved?
- A candidate to serve within youth ministry at Grace Church will be an individual who has been attending worship services for no less then 6 months.
- A candidate to serve within youth ministry at Grace Church will complete the:
- Youth Program Application/Screening form
- Applicant Disclosure Affidavit
- Upon receiving the Youth Program Application/Screening and the Applicant Disclosure Affidavit the Pastor to Youth will send letters of reference to the individuals the candidate provided for such purpose.
- The Pastor to Youth will conduct a Criminal Background Check of the candidate.
- Upon receiving the results of the Criminal Background Check and at least one of the Letters of Reference an individual interview with the candidate will be arranged. Interviews shall be at the discretion of the Pastor to Youth.